Friday, December 25, 2009

Roses Musk by Montale

Luckyscent notes: Rose essence, rose absolute, jasmine, musk, amber .

Perhaps my first time writing about a perfume should not be about one that made me wonder if I smell the same thing as other reviewers. But here it goes anyway.

Roses Musk obviously smells of rose, a velvety, freshly-cut, small, red rose. But to my nose, it starts with an almost equally strong note of tobacco. However according to the notes there isn’t any in it. There is an animalic note in the background-obviously the musk, that makes it deeper and more interesting than a simple rose. Very little sweetness. On my skin, after a few hours if fades considerably and I can clearly smell salt plus a faint note of nail polish remover. It is a nice one but I think I prefer the aoud roses from Montale. Dabbed, it lasts for quite a long time but without much sillage.

No comments: